Stephen represents clients in business litigation in Contra Costa and Alameda counties, and throughout the state of California, and guide clients through the litigation process in order to obtain the best result possible. He typically represent clients in litigation involving the following disputes:
- Contract Disputes
- Breach of contract
- Exclusivity and non-competition disputes
- UCC Disputes
- Fraudulent Inducement
- Breach of warranty
- Construction contract disputes
- Technology licensing and distribution
- Business Torts
- Unlawful/Unfair/Fraudulent Competition (Bus. & Prof. §17200)
- Tortious interference (economic advantage and business contracts)
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Fraud & misrepresentation
- Trade libel and disparagement
Litigation is sometimes necessary in order to enforce contract rights, and sometimes it is unavoidable when you are sued as a defendant. Litigation can be and often is a long and involved process that takes many years to complete. It is a big, lumbering locomotive. But, a skilled attorney knows how to guide it along a path best suited for the client’s case, and knows how to stop it and when to get off the train. Stephen has the background and experience to guide clients through each stage of litigation, providing the insight and counseling needed to make decisions on litigation strategy, and the skillset to execute the litigation plan.Representative Cases
- Represented buyer of two gas stations against real estate agent for breach of contract and misrepresentation with favorable judgment for client.
- Represented homeowner in construction defects lawsuit for foundation repairs, obtaining complete value of the home as damages at eve of trial.
- Represented venture capitalist against patent owner for water filtration device, resulting in the worldwide patent for client.